Thread: "Occupation by Policy" - How Victors Inadvertantly Provoke Resistance Insurgency

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Pundita had a very interesting post in her blog post of Dec 30 ( http://pundita.blogspot.com/ ). She said:
    After seeing the two episodes of God in America I realized there was a simple explanation for this: modern America's obsessively secular public life suppressed disputes among Americans that are based in theology. While a political Liberal could cite his faith for support of say, civil rights legislation and a political Conservative could cite the same for his opposition to abortion, it was off limits in the public forum to dispute or even question the theological assumptions informing the political stances.
    There is much more in the post itself.

This has application to this discussion I think. Could the same be said about our understanding of the motivations of our takfiri killer foes? Charles Cameron asked this question also in the comment section.

I think we are handicapped in fighting these guys if we aren't up front with ourselves about why they are so determined to kill people.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-10-2014 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Fix quotes
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene