Quote Originally Posted by mirhond View Post
on Putin. You are right about his constituency, but look at this from other side - sanctions will give him a tool to break his chains and become truly independent. Old good alliance of the King and the People against the Aristocracy.
Nah, I don't think so. Mainly because the oligarchs have risen to the position they are in during his reign, so I don't see him changing his spots. Besides, he is an oligarch. How many billions is he worth?

"Break his chains"! An "alliance of the king (I didn't know Vlad was a king. Vlad the First) and the people against the aristocracy"! Mirhond you have an interesting way with words. Not so original though. That was the form back in Stalin's day. The inhuman cruelties and the brainless screw ups were always blamed on some functionary. 'Comrade Joe would never do that. If only Comrade Joe knew about this, things would change.' said those poor dumb bastards as they were tormented on Joe's orders. You are using the same form.

Slap is right. Your posts are valuable. We get the unadulterated party line delivered directly.