Crowbat,

The sad thing is that the US really does have competent people (and plenty of them) but their democracy - the one they keep trying to force on the world - is failing. They get the Presidents and Congress they elect and the quality is pitiful.

What we are witnessing is the last kicks of a dying 'horse' only this horse ain't kicking only making a lot of noise.

Putin has called Obama's bluff and we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowBat View Post
You're too kind to Rice. Really. Nobody can be that incompetent.

Besides, at those times she was a noob, nobody in comparison with any of figures I mentioned here. Of course, I have no doubts that she did earn herself a handsome retirement from Scowcroft Group, Kissinger Associates or Roger Winter, some nice day - just like all of such conglomerates, think-tanks and other sorts of 'consulting and investment companies' have earned (and are still earning) from imposing RPF/RPA rule over all of Rwanda and Congo.

That's also why they're presently involved in running a combined PMC/SOCOM op against the rest of the FDLR in the Kivus, instead of doing something that would really make sense to such laymen like you or me - like destroying the M23 or hanging Kagame at the nearest lantern.

Ah, the niceties of geo-politics....