Thread: Ukraine (closed; covers till August 2014)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    mirhond---can you explain to us just how it is "possible" that while Russia condemns neo Nazi's and radical right wingers in the Ukraine the following neo Nazi's and radical right wingers participated in "democratic" elections in the Crimea---just how did they get on when Russia "stopped" all traffic from the Ukraine entering into the Crimea out of "fear" of terror attacks by the Ukrainian neo Nazi's.

Seems like you all have double standards when it fits your argument does it not?
    Double standarts is completly OK in Politics, as you know. Well, if you don't know this - it's bad for you, you might be greatly disappointed with reality.
    May be you still believe in ethic and moral standarts in politics?
    Anyway, I'd be grateful if you at least try to falsify my arguments and disprove evidences which I posted here.

While Russia is presenting the referendum today as a move to save the region from neo-Nazis, a large number of the ‘independent observers’ spotted monitoring the vote today come from Europe’s extreme right.
    A sample of the far right figures here includes:
    OK, you spotted a dozen of bad guys, but what about other observers? Are they also extreme right or left or pro-Russian or in other way unreliable? If no, well, it's a spotlight fallacy http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Spotlight_fallacy

Lately you've been trotting out one 'fallacy' after another.
    @carl I have to. What else can I do to prevent you from throwing one fallaciuos argument after another? Besides, if you'll start reading stuff and getting smarter I'll consider my mission accomplished It's your compatriots, best Western minds wright all that wonderful articles and books about rationality - will you dismiss it just because some anonimous bad guy uses it? I hope you not.
    You're seeing zebras. (extra points if you get that reference.)
    Nope, I didn't. Could you explain?
    Last edited by mirhond; 03-17-2014 at 03:22 PM.