Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
Here you go again.
And there you go again, resorting to ad hominem in the absence of substance

This sounds like a repeat of your comments at the start of the Syrian crisis. You were 100% wrong then and with that track record I remain amazed you have the gall to try to sell your arguments on this thread. You have a very thick skin.
Out of curiosity, I looked at early posts (mid 2011) on the Syria threads. The opinion I expressed then was that while Syria was likely to devolve into a stellar mess, the US had no critical or even pressing interests at stake, US involvement was unlikely to make things better and could easily make them worse, and that the US should therefore STFO. I certainly don't think that was "100% wrong"; I retain the same opinion to this day. I am very happy that the US had the wisdom to avoid wading into that particular mess.

Funny how I read the international press and when you next post see you repeating the same line. You ever have original thoughts?
I don't know what you read of "the international press". From what I've seen much of the opinion writing on the Ukraine reflects the same bizarre tendency I see here: speaking of the issue as a confrontation between the US and Russia or even between Obama and Putin, and disregarding the role that Europe needs to play.

I see little need to revise an opinion simply because others share it. If somebody were to present compelling and well substantiated arguments against that opinion, that would be another story.