Thread: The Second Ammendment Lobby and Police Safety

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    In your opinion, who are the "chosen few"?

I'm assuming State, Defense, Justice... what are the other 3 you propose to keep?

In what way are we "flat out failing in our responsibility to secure the blessings of liberty for future generations"? I don't disagree with you in principle but I suspect I disagree in substance.

Wouldn't outlawing political parties result violate the Constitutional protection for the right to peaceably assemble? Political parties have their problems, granted, but they are also instrumental in mobilizing voters and building coalitions on issues. They are also a hedge against the radicalization of politics. As for campaigning with your own money, that's a guaranteed way to ensure that only the wealthy will be elected. And the wealthy will represent only the interests of the wealthy. The best solution for maximizing citizen participation is to ban using any campaign financing other than that provided by the government.
    AP,

#1-the chosen few could be identified by looking at the IRS code. It is nothing but a book of favors for the 1%.

#2-I would add a Department of Treasury, Department of Civil Engineering (we desperately need this) and finally I would literally have a Department of Future Prosperity. That plus your 3 would cover the designated mission areas of Government as defined in the Preamble.

#3-We are flat out failing because we have NO plan to secure our Future for the Future generations. All I see is an intentional plan to degrade the Future for Future Americans (NAFTA is a prime example).

#4-No it will not violate freedom to assemble in any way. Good policy for the country, is a good policy for the country and it shouldn't matter not one bit which party came up with it. And the only way to really ensure that this happens is by getting rid of the influence of "gang thinking" by the parties because so often that is what it ends up happening.

I think that covers everything.
    Last edited by slapout9; 04-10-2014 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling stuff