Thread: The Second Ammendment Lobby and Police Safety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Black Panthers, The Weathermen, Radicals And Ft. Bragg

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurmudgeon View Post
    Save a Life, Kill A Cop

Just for historical note, the below flyers were floating around Dallas in November 1963. It is worth noting that appointing "Anti-Christian" judges is treason. I guess some things never change.

http://www.law.uga.edu/dwilkes_more/...blownaway.html
    Curmudgy,
    Things have been a lot worse. During the early 70's the Anti War radicals used to bomb and break into National Guard Armories. This resulted in the CQ's at all the barracks of the 82nd Airborne Division being armed with .45 calibre side arms.We also had to check the arms room every 30 minutes and note it in our logs. Then when I seperated service and went into LE the underground began there campaign of shooting police officers and bombing government buildings. This is all standard Communist Revolutionary Warfare doctrine.
    Last edited by slapout9; 04-16-2014 at 07:00 PM. Reason: stuff

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Curmudgy,
    Things have been a lot worse. During the early 70's the Anti War radicals used to bomb and break into National Guard Armories. This resulted in the CQ's at all the barracks of the 82nd Airborne Division being armed with .45 calibre side arms.We also had to check the arms room every 30 minutes and note it in our logs. Then when I seperated service and went into LE the underground began there campaign of shooting police officers and bombing government buildings. This is all standard Communist Revolutionary Warfare doctrine.
    Slap,

I understand. As you have pointed out things have been worse in our past. What I am pointing out are the parallels between that time and today.
    "I can change almost anything ... but I can't change human nature."

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Curmudgy,
    Yes, it has been a lot worse. In the post-Civil War era, the Ku Klux Klan, a powerful rural right-wing terrorist organization, killed hundreds (thousands?) of African-Americans who attempted to participate in the political process. They actively suppressed voting rights, access to education and the economy, and denied equal opportunity. They even ran elected officials out of their offices by gun point! The political influence of rural reactionary populism became so strong that, a hundred years later, FDR had to modify the Social Security program for the sole purpose of excluding as many African Americans as possible - otherwise, it wouldn't pass Congress. The federal government - not state and local governments, who actively and visibly opposed the policies - eventually intervened in order to ensure equal treatment for all citizens. And this was such a terrible event by a tyrannical federal government, you see, that many local municipalities closed their public school systems and set up segregation academies to avoid having their children attend schools with African-American children. Now that overt racism is no longer politically feasible, the descendents of this movement now resort to code words like "state's rights", "welfare queen", and so on.

So, you're right. It has been a lot worse. But it wasn't because of the communists, who never represented a credible threat to the United States or its citizens. And it has become better, but it wasn't because of state or local governments. America is changing and I suppose there are people out there who are stuck in the past.
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot