I am a SSG currently reclassing to a 97E. I have read all of these posting and have found them most useful. I also can see where the 97Es are finding this a bad judgement call as well. It does make me a little nervous to know that once I am school trained and at a unit I will have some knowledge and no job experience. I am however a quick learner and have been deployed to OIF and OEF, at least thats a little in my favor. Anyways, even though I am a SSG and will not have the experience and knowledge of other Soldiers in the MOS I am willing to listen and learn. If a PFC ot SPC has the knowledge I need I will soak it up from him/her. The point Im trying to make is when I get to my unit I hope that there are seasoned NCO's and Soldiers there who will help me grow into my new MOS......not make me feel like a "shake-n-bake".

If you have any advice that will help me prepare and make my transition smoother please provide it...I go to school in March 08 and have started reviewing the Regs that pertain to the MOS.