Thread: William S. Lind :collection (merged thread)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    Carl, if you would like to defend a subtly racist position, be my guest.
    Racist? Subtly racist? I don't know for that kind of thing. I'll leave it for others to judge.

But whatever, Mr. Johnson didn't comment upon racism. He commented upon what he saw as the ill effects of affirmative action and specifically upon how people can game the system to slant things their way. I asked if that was true. You said absolutely not. So as I said, your word cancels out his and his cancels out yours which leads to a need for others who would know to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
    And in a note to carl, this is why EO policies are necessary in the military.
    No I think not. As a civilian, I think there are other things that are rather more important that skin color or sex. Some of those things are pretty easy to measure. You can hump that weight twelve miles in the allotted time or you can't. You can hit the target at this range and that range in the allotted time or you can't. You can lead people cross country without getting lost often or you can't. Some of the things are more difficult to measure, do you have tactical acumen? Can you read the ground? Do you know when to give somebody a kick and when to give somebody a quiet word? Do the men trust you and do they want to follow you? These things are more difficult to measure but armies have been around a long time and they have come up with some more or less reliable ways to figure them out. Not one of the things I mentioned had anything to do with color or sex. Again as a civilian, I would prefer that the Army measure those things that have to do with the outcome of a fight and I don't see how sex or color figures into that.
    Last edited by carl; 05-02-2014 at 03:15 AM.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene