Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post

I think the military's handling of females in combat arms is probably the most destructive policy at the moment.
While I agree that particular policy is destructive, you specifically said "...senior leaders fail to recognize the demographic makeup of their institution and attempt to implement policies that are actually destructive of good order and discipline." I don't see it as being destructive because of anything to do with the demographic makeup of the institution. I see it as being destructive because it's nonsensical.

My bad. I meant 1 in 4 are eligible. So that's about 7.25 million fit for military service.
Where are those numbers coming from? Not saying you're wrong, I just find it hard to believe. I've seen the USMC's Qualified Candidate Population numbers, which are generated by the Marine Corps Recruiting Command. I don't know exactly how Recruiting Command derives them, but they total up to a significantly higher number than 7.25 million. They also don't include the 25-29 demographic.

What did you mean by values?
The way you phrased what you said led me to believe that you meant that the values of the military population, and the values of the civilian population from whence they came, should be the same. If that's what you meant, I can't agree with it.