Finally had time to read 'Out of the Mountains'. It is a good easy read, with examples given for each point, some from his most recent consultancy work with Caerus Associates, his own experiences and a host of footnotes - alas at the back.

Given his thesis that the future is urban guerilla warfare in the megacities I was surprised he had so little support from those who already face the problems now - such as Mumbai.

From my armchair I am unconvinced that suffiecent Western understanding will come from the collection and analysis of 'big data' from such places. How much data do megacities produce and is it reliable?

I was particularly interested in the section on the Mumbai attack by LeT in November 2008, as this supports my viewpoint. Nariman House, the Jewish cultural centre's actual presence was unknown to the local police and intelligence bodies; it had been purchased in 2006. He also refers to those held by LeT were tortured, a claim denied by the Indian authorities and cites only one press report.

SWJ gets a mention in the acknowledgements:
By 2000, Dave Dilegge - later a torchbearer for the insurgency of ideas through the small Wars Jourbnal - had founded a community of interests around his Urban Operations Journal.