Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
This is a very important view. It recognizes the horror of religious conflict, but that is not why the statement is important. It is important because I think the recognition of the horror that religious conflict results in may affect our ability to realize when the enemy is embarked upon a course that intentionally seeks to start a religious war. Because it is such a horrible thing doesn't mean it can't come and it doesn't mean some people don't desire it and seek to provoke it. AQI intentionally tried to do that once before in Iraq. It can happen and has happened and therefore it is important that we realize this and believe it to be when it comes.

The problem with Bob's World's statement above is it appears to so dread the possibility that somebody wants to kill me or you because of religion that it refuses to recognize that that possibility exists. It seems such a strong fear of a thing that denial of its existence is the only emotionally acceptable recourse. We must accept the reality that the other guy can define the conflict upon the basis of religion so we can see it for what it is when it comes. And it has come. We don't seek to define this as a religious conflict. They do. We do ourselves no favors by denying what is.
I think your right carl,
One has to ask why are we afraid to face this? It is a religious war, the goal is to hurt America anyway possible. I am sure there are other motives to go along with this but it seems to be the primary mover. Political Correctness is going to destroy this country, it prevents the discussion of reality. What a propaganda win for the PC crowd, they have completely destroyed our ability to think as a Nation in order to defend ourselves and never fired a shot. Anything that violates the love boat foreign policy is not even considered no matter obvious it has become.