To my knowledge YouTube has been blocked for some time now for the simple fact that downloading video eats bandwidth. Fair enough. I don't get the Myspace thing though.
Because alot of mySpace profiles are heavy with bandwith eating graphics, audio files, and video clips.

The question I have, is where are the Army's priorities? There may be not enough bandwidth to "surf the web", but I bet there is plenty of salad dressing as well as iceberg lettuce at the dining facilities across Iraq. For all the unnecessary crap the Army resources, why not a functional internet?
The ban covers 13 sites: YouTube, Metacafe, IFilm, StupidVideos and FileCabi, MySpace, BlackPlanet, Hi5, Pandora, MTV, 1.fm, live365, and Photobucket.

I can see S-2s and PAOs wanting access to some of those sites, like youTube or Photobucket, for professional reasons, but not everyone. Who needs StupidVideos or MTV.com in order to do their job while deployed?

While I think the restrictions on blogs, and almost every other form of electronic communication known to man, the Army is/was pitching are/were a bad idea, the ban on these sites makes sense. Besides, all it says is you cannot get to sites on the government network. It does not say anything about them being blocked at MWRs or other places where access to the internet is offered over a non-government connection.

Honestly, at the end of the day, if I want to get a clip or a set of pictures uploaded on youTube or PhotoBucket and I cannot do it from my location downrange, I will burn it to a CD or a DVD, mail it home, and have my family or one of my friends upload it.