Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
KingJaja,

Agreed on how Nigerians react. I would speculate that such footage could undermine Western involvement, especially if parliamentary approval is needed. It may also turn off Amnesty members, who recoil at the brutality of both sides. Above all non-African viewers will simply say "That's Africa, best to stay out and uninvolved".
Is Western involvement critical in solving this problem? I don't get a feel the Nigerian Army feels that way. They've already met the Sri Lankans, so that should tell you in what direction their minds are moving.

Worst case scenario, some territory is ceded to Boko Haram, life goes on, news is suppressed.

It is unfortunate, Nigeria was very "poorly designed" - bits and pieces of 1,000 year old Islamic states joined together with coastal forest states - which they had nothing in common with. That's why you have Sharia law in the North & Evangelical Christianity in the South.

There's very little cultural basis for a Nigerian state & if Boko Haram means the North leaves the South - I doubt if too many in the South will be bothered - if it doesn't shake up things too much.