Bill, by your logic - and as the recent US record is a string of military defeats - every yank should shut up as his country's record is one of military failure.

It is surely not in the US's best interest to keep losing wars?

I have said many times before - even here - that the US is attempting to do good in the world but the aim and manner of imposing a form of US democracy on the world is not working and can be classed as an abject failure and leading the nation into bankruptcy. The US continues to do some really dumb stuff.

The fact that me and my view are insignificant in the greater scheme of things does not detract one iota from the truth of what I say.

Yes, by all means disregard everything and carry on blindly cocking it up every inch along the way. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
KingJaja, that is exactly my point. It gets a bit tiresome when a South African is constantly attacking U.S. policy, when they're a non-player. The U.S. has its own interests, and its own issues (politically and economically), and despite our many challenges name another country that tries to help humanity on the scale of the U.S.? Yet, and while understandable, the U.S. constantly endures verbal and written attacks by pundits from insignificant countries who do little to nothing on the world stage. Reminds me of the Teddy Roosevelt comment, much paraphrased, that the credit belongs to the man in the arena, whether he triumphs or fails, not the critic on the sideline.