Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
So you too misquote me.

I said:

There is no doubt the US can take credit and the kudos for bringing Soviet Russia to its knees. That was good for the world as a whole. that good work done the yanks then went soft on Russia and failed to take the necessary action to make sure that Russia would never again be able to threaten neighbouring states and nations. This represents yet another US foreign policy failure.
JMA---notice the Russian FM comments on "receiving the US call" concerning the "humanitarian convoy" that was not an "invasion force" from my previous link.

Cryptic was all one can say about his comment--would have been interesting to have learned what the US told Russia on that call? Word has it that just minutes after the US called the Russians informed the US that the convoy had indeed stopped.

Secondly, I for one believe the reason for the collapse of the Soviet Union was the price of Russian sour crude collapsing under pressure of the KSA that opened the flow of sour crude and drove the price down for a long period thus denying Russian an extremely large amount of cash flow that they had planned for their internal budget.

Thus the SU collapse---now what is interesting is who together with the KSA thought up that pricing maneuver?