Thread: Iraq: Out of the desert into Mosul (closed)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrowBat View Post
    OK, let me 'draw' it:

- You wrote, 'Assad AF and the US AF are both flying their own drones in the same air space these days'...

- I asked: 'Syrians flying their UAVs over ar-Raqqa?'

Namely, what can be seen on the photos provided on the link you posted is:

- a) what looks like Predator (and if it is one, it's either US- or Turkish-operated), and
    - b) one of two SyAAF Su-24s that flew the strike on Ghariba.

I.e. no 'Assad AF...own drones'.

Furthermore, meanwhile I've checked with few of my contacts 'close' to the SyAAF, and they don't have any kind of UAVs that could reach the area.

On the contrary, in the course of one of relevant e-mail exchanges, one of messages that ended on my PC contained an observation the essence of which was something like (I'm just citing here), '...stupid....[specific representative of the regime in Damascus]... is wasting resources necessary for supporting troops elsewhere for flying "airshow for Americans"...'

EDIT
    Meanwhile I've checked with my Iranian sources (the quality of the same can be assessed with help of articles like this one), and it turned they're not flying UAVs over ar-Raqqa either.

So, sorry, but I remain a little bit confused: what kind of UAVs is 'Assad AF' flying there...?
    CrowBat---then let's restate your comments for clarity?

1. you have deep experience and can tell the difference between a Pred and and Reaper at say 3500 ft?

2. why would Turkey be flying anything over Syria---not the northern Kurdish portion and northern Iraq--and since they supported IS then fly one at all?-explain that one to us

3. and your Iranian "contacts" are willing to tell you 1) they do not own drones capable of this and or 2) did they not several months ago claim to a have reengineered the R180 and are flying it?--which is it?

4. your Assad AF contacts are what "willing to state on record they do not neither own drones nor use drones-what about the series the Russian recently supplied to them?---that is like claiming we the Assad AF do not drop "barrel bombs" or bomb civilian positions to you not think---so what is it?

Not wanting to rain on your parade of excellent "sources"---these photos were in fact posted to the blog sphere and roughly six individuals who look at such air identification phootos came to the same conclusion--- and in fact your claimed SU24 you hang on is in fact a Iranian drone and yes they fly them over Syria and currently Iraq as well if my "sources" are correct.

Or are you telling us there are no Iranian "contractors" or militia or Quds fighting either in Syria and or Iraq?

Come on CB
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 09-07-2014 at 02:43 PM.