Miit,

Welcome aboard. Personally I doubt that classified information would help that much, in part as external observers have very limited awareness of the situation, rely mainly on open sources anyway and until yesterday the agenda gave a low priority to Boko Haram over staying friendly with the Nigerian state.

I discovered this ex-Nigerian soldier's blogsite this week, not had time to reach a conclusion on its value:https://maxsiollun.wordpress.com/

If you scroll through the main Nigeria thread you will find a number of resources, including SME and of course some members - even if not posting often today. Such as Kingjaja and Stan R.

I recommend you follow Virginia Comolli from IISS (London-based).

Have a peek at the Ghana-based peacekeeping centre, whose name I cannot recall (named after Kofi Annan?), as I expect they are watching Nigeria's internal problems more closely now.

Look out for the NGOs that are in country or national / international aid agencies. At least one of them advised the UK High Commission that "trouble was brewing up north" long before BH gained momentum and their advice was rejected.