JC & Stan, I agree but there is still a problem.

The contractors that use VBS at the sim centers are cleared. The Marines that train with it have a need to know. Up until VBS-2 / VTK we always dealt with geo-typical terrain, never geo-specific.

From the Sim Center side of the house, the answer is easy, those buildings are usually alarmed and protected due to MTWS. Now back to where we are now; picture yourself as the 3, Stan, you and I are the Ops Chief

Some guys from TECOM and PM Trasys delivered 33 laptop computers worth about 2k each not including software. Someone signs for the gear and is accountable.....Stan, that would be you......

Now we have been ordered to do a mission rehearsal for a NEO that we will be doing in 48 hours. The Intell bubbas put the terrain/language/culture plugins. The grunts practice the mission, AAR complete.......AAR classified.....all machines just become classified due to having classified data on them at one time.

Stan, you hurry up and turn the 33 laptops into the CommO and all is well, he signs for them and is accountable. Next mission comes up....now what?

JC, those contractors at the sim center first brought this to our attention. I've checked with NGA, open source data has no classification, LIDAR is different. I also checked with MCIA, no clear guidance, uncharted waters.