Thread: Ukraine: Russo-Ukr War (June-December 2015)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    I have been repeating over and over the mantra that Obama, Hollande and Merkel have actually been forcing the Ukrainian into unilateral appeasement moves WITH absolutely no reciprocal demands being placed on Putin ie simply fulfill Minsk 2.

Putin has noticed this and just keeps on increasing his demands and the West just keeps on pressuring the Ukraine.

The last time Europe went down this path in Munich 1938 it did not turn out well at all.

http://euromaidanpress.com/2015/08/3...tish-diplomat/

The West is pressuring Ukraine not Russia– British diplomat

THIS article really does explain the Obama shift to forcing the Ukraine to cave and implement the political pieces of Minsk 2 instead of resolving the military issues first which really was the path set out in Minsk 2--meaning calm down the fighting to a true ceasefire and then move onto to the political solutions.

I will go back and dig out two posted comments which clearly show this shift in greater detail.

Never thought I would see US foreign policy shifting to total unilateral appeasement for the sake of one's own "legacy".
    Western leaders in their drive to pressure the Ukraine into caving to Russian demands seems to fail to see this development which is getting worse week to week as many Ukrainians are starting to doubt their President can fulfill anything other than letting his forces get shelled and attacks daily and the military loses have been increasing in the last six months not decreasing.

But the problem, in my opinion, lies precisely in the fact that, as you mentioned, the West is putting pressure on Ukraine, knowing that it has more leverage with Ukraine than with Russia.

But this can undermine the position of President Poroshenko, whom the (Western partners) assure of their friendship and support, because opposition to him and the way he wants to implement these decisions in parliament keeps growing.

The drive to create a special zone was a Russian trap to begin with as they know in the end it will split Ukrainian political parties--WHY did the West not see that coming????

Clashes b/n police & crowd at the Verkhovna Rada b/c of the Constitution changes voting in 1st reading pic.twitter.com/vO1wujFWfo

The West seems to often forget the Ukrainian civil society has a say in what is ongoing ----
    Every brave person we know who stood and fought at Euromaidan did so for freedom and democracy - not this! #Kyiv pic.twitter.com/duN57Rme3I

DID anyone notice that Nuland who was in the Rada for the first vote and was one of those applying direct pressure on the Ukrainian leadership--is totally missing in action and there have been no further reports on any back channel meetings with her back channel Russian partner--again a dismal Obama failure.

The West needs to tread lightly with each move they make so as to not simply be seen as supporting Putin's ever increasing demands that he knows they will implement for him because to many it already in the Ukraine it appears the West has basically caved to Putin's demands.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 08-31-2015 at 01:47 PM.