WVO, good question.

Now that I have lost my emotional knots from Sam's Plasma Gun post last night........

I've come to the conclusion that the B-billets and heavy Officer/SNCO representation in the DC area actually helped me develop into I think a better Marine. The Corps got more bang for the buck being that I was a Squad Leader as a L/Cpl and a Plt Sgt as a Sergeant and single (I finally requested to move out in town when I was a SSgt; my Marine Corps teenage years ). Of course I had many instances of Good Initiative, bad judgement counselings as I was teething

Only problem is that those B-billets get promoted a whole helluva lot quicker and the hardchargers in the DC area determine the fate of the fleet.

If I could do it all over again, I honestly wouldn't change any of it. Logically this makes no sence to me but this is how I feel.

The one thing that needs to be fixed is the discrepancy between pay, you put the rockers on and the pay should reflect and accountability should be demanded by the Officer's from thier SNCOs.

Current servicemembers at the 10 year mark should be offered the 500k bonus upon retirement.