Thread: Finding Diplomats for Perilous Posts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Exclamation

I see very little temporary in the specific but globally distributed situations in front of us.

I have been reading about FDR and a swiss general Guisan. In the years prior to US involvement FDR made it a goal to reform the DOD officer corps. To face there likly soon to be enemies.

Guisan had to weed out more than 15 % of his officer corps who he suspected of german sympathy and an additional number who wanted to defend swiss cities rather than persue his plan of a national dedoubt and long term protracted harassment of would be german ocupiers.

The internal component of conflict was and may still be an under recognised issue which is always difficult.

I am not in the Dept of State but What I see is:

A component of leadership not fully commited to the task at hand.

Subordinates see this and say to themselves why should I.

If a person does not believe whole heartedly in what they are ordered to undertake they will drag their feet even harder if they believe they will take a pay cut for it.

It is mostly Drama and Stan seems correct in his disgust but unless it gets corrected, Good luck getting that or any other organization to do anything well with this situation.
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 02-06-2008 at 01:47 PM.