Thanks Tom for your question. SHould have included these specific names earlier...big oversight. Thanks for pointing out...

I am not sure if my previous post was successful so wanted to jot down the names of a few of the major firms again... sorry for inconvenience if repeated...

DAI - www.dai.com - econ development, agriculture, governance, conflict mitigaton/community development

Chemonics - www.chemonics.com - similiar set of services

RTI (Research Triangle Institute) - North Carolina - IR division - governance and education

IRG - International Resources Group - disaster response, governance, economic development

PADCO / AECOM - reconstruction, governance,

ARD - Associates in Rural Development - agriculture, governance, econ development

ABT - Health

Bearing Point - finance / econ growth

MSI - Management Systems International - Institutional Support / Governance

Nathans and Associates - Economic Development

PA - infrastructure / energy / governance

PAE - police and election administration deployments

Louis Berger

Creative Associates - education and governance

RONCO - in addition to mine clearing, they have been USAID partner on community development programming

There are also a few Non Profits that will enter into contracts such as CHF (community development), IFES (election administration and governance), AIR (education) and AED (education), IRD (international resources development group - community rehabilitation)

Also, IOM (International Organization of Migration) enters into contracts with the US to implement community development programming.

I was not familiar with this world when I worked in UN peacekeeping missions in the field and was surprised to find a very large parallel universe so to speak out there.

Best,
Bronwen