Thread: Syria in 2016 (January-March)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    CrowBat...the same question I had....just where in the heck are they headed to as I do not think they will physically link up with IS...there was some chatter they had prepared positions to pullback/fallback too as they knew the Russians would continue bombing them and wanted to make sure towns and villages could not be bombed using JaN as a Russian excuse to do exactly that which is exactly what happened when the Russian MoD declared 90% of FSA territory as a free fire zone.......using JaN as their excuse...

This will be an interesting point to follow in the coming days.....
    ...and another question: there are multiple big convoys of the JAN forces in question moving all over the Idlib province - yet the Russians, who say for themselves they are
    - a) so hell-or-bent on 'bombing Daesh, JAN and allies', and
    - b) equipped with super-turbo-wunderwaffen that switch off physical laws, weather etc.

...are NOT bombing even one of them.

Nah, instead regime-fans are hysterically cheering them for flying '200 air strikes against Daesh in Khan Nassir' on 23 and 24 February, and whoever one can declares Russian air strikes for 'decisive'.

Actually, it's not only so the VKS says it flew 62 air strikes on the second of these two days, supposedly hitting '167 terrorist targets'. But video and photographic evidence is showing that nearly half of these was dedicated to exterminating - or forcing to flee - whatever civilians were left in FSyA-held places like Douma, Darayya, Dera', Hama, Homs, Idlib and Aleppo.

Furthermore, 'precisely because' the Russians bombed the Daesh so much I guess, yesterday afternoon the Daesh launched another attack against the Khan Nassir - Ithriya road: this time about 20km further south from the first one, via Jebel Shabeth on al-Mugharah.

Result: Iranians, Ba'athists and Palestinians (aka 'regime', indeed 'SAA') are meanwhile in control of Khan Nassir again, no doubt - but that crucial road is now cut off in two different sectors...

EDIT: Why to hell is this reminding me of German crucial mistake during the Battle of Britain?

What do I mean now?

Well, remember when the Luftwaffe was on the best way of destroying the RAF by pulverising its air bases in southern England - and Hitler then ordered it into large-scale bombardment of London instead...
    Last edited by CrowBat; 02-26-2016 at 11:36 AM.