Thread: UK Declares Independence From The EU!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    I don’t know how the WP/CMEA border controls are relevant to the debate over Brexit. Strip searches and other harassment was common at those crossings as the guards were well aware that people were smuggling in hard Western currency to relatives behind the Iron Curtain. It is one thing to be able to get a close look at one’s adversary; it is quite another to deal with hidden pockets and mostly blacked-out letters because one’s loved ones are in that adversary’s clutches…

Free trade deals with the EU are possible, along the lines of the Canadian or Israeli deals. Note that both the UK and Ireland as EU members had opted out of the Schengen Agreement, as has Svalbard in Norway (EFTA). Switzerland is a member of the EFTA but not the EEA and has signed a FTA with the EU. Denmark and Poland are two other EU members who have opt-outs to EU protocols and the Czech Republic is considering one as well.

A number of Leave voters are protectionist and want to restrict European workers from working in the UK. However, from what I have seen, the Leave concern is primarily with non-working migrants entering the UK by way of the EU and then claiming British benefits, in particular migrants crossing from Calais through the Chunnel (originally from Africa and West Asia) and Roma families from Eastern Europe. Norway is not obligated to support non-working migrants from the EU the way it would be if it was an EU member state.

Actually, the UK’s payments to the EFTA would be ~87% lower according to this analysis (http://euquestion.blogspot.ca/2016/0...rsus-efta.html)

The ECJ does not apply to the EEA, which has a separate EFTA Court, and the EFTA Court does not apply to Switzerland.

No one knows how Brexit will play out and the demand for certainty now is only creating uncertainty. No amount of post-Brexit corporate soundbites intended to frighten Britons have any bearing on firms' capital allocations over the next 5-10 years.

The UK stock market clearly regards Brexit as less worrisome than the monetary policy divergence started by the US Fed in December, and its subsequent asset revaluations.

The European Council and Commission's poor behavior in light of Brexit only confirms the disdain for national democracy and illuminates Brussels' desire to create a United States of Europe.

Remember the American example of state vs. super-state competition? Remember how American casualty rates among fighting men were on par with the Soviet-German experience from 1940-1945? Not to be hyperbolic but the EU is the creator of its own problems, due to its desire for top-down central control at the expense of national assemblies.

From a cultural perspective, the role of Germany has proved dangerous. I take the British view from the 1920s, that the German national "star" should join the galaxy of other nations. Well, unfortunately, Germany did a supernova and almost wiped out a number of other stars. The Allies tried to keep Germany as a dwarf star, but it has collapsed in on itself and is crushing the rest of Europe with the power of its own self-destruction. And the British said, no thanks. Hopefully Merkel has her own bunker in Berlin for when her "children" come looking for some spending money...
    Azor ....more examples of the so called "racism" that has been inherent for literally years before the EU entry and which was exploited to drive the Leave vote....

A good Brit friend of mine from Cisco days who had badly speaking the last name Khan .....his family was literally British living in UK for over 70 odd years before taking a big risk and jumping to Mali where they setup a large farm, paid their black employees a solid wage for those days and then exported the products to the UK....

ALL the time UK passport holders and with full British citizenship...

THEN geopolitical politics struck and their farm was taken from them by the Mali government and they were given 72 hours to leave Mali...THEN they tried to to reenter the UK by going to the Kenyan UK Embassy and were turned away....AS UK passport holders.....

THEN they then spent four years in a refugee camp near the Kenyan capital awaiting an immigration number to enter the country they had lived in for over 70 odd years before leaving.

NOW sit back think about it and tell me that was not racist and massively controlling even former UK citizens and UK passport holders.

And the UK complains now about free movement of labor..come on Azor think....

NOW from my experiences with the UK immigration that I experienced up front and personal....which goes to what the Leave side claims they want to get back to......

In 1997, I was approached by Cisco UK and offered for the tech days a really really solid salary, housing paid, a fistful of stock options, fuel card and a car of my choice just to come to the UK...why I was at that time only one of four with a certain specialty in the IT/internet world AND automatically paying 35% tax burden up front. BTW that fistful of options with splits made me a paper millionaire as they did for a large bunch of UK tech types as well.

THEN Cisco applied for the tech visa which at that time took an average of 1-2 months to get usually via a law firm....four months later they were still waiting with the work visa side with the UK constantly adding new requirements that had to be fulfilled with the reasoning you must first hire a qualified Brit then a "foreigner".....WELL at that time Cisco even proved based on the available unemployed Brits that they were all under qualified and no one in the UK matched my skill sets.

Well then in typical US fashion the workaround kicked in .....I came in as a paid Consultant to Cisoc UK from Cisco US and worked until the visa actually came through two months later.

When I arrived in Heathrow with seven bags an a smile on my face...the Immigration Officer asked me the reason for my visit...confident response...visiting...he looked at the seven bags and said for how long ...oh a couple of months and then onto Europe for an extended tourist visit in a number of countries.......passport stamped and in we came.... maybe I was "white" but maybe that was not the reason.......

Then when the work visa arrived the single UK requirement was it had to be validated at a UK Embassy or Consulate OUTSIDE the UK.....the UK law firm said.....take the first early morning plane to Brussels and then go by taxi to the UK Embassy and stand there until they open, present the visa and pay a small fee and then enjoy Brussles and fly back in the evening. We did, got the visa and enjoyed a day in Brussels before flying back....

WHY Brussels..various UK law firms viewed it as being a "tech visa friendly Embassy"....even the UK Immigration knew the workaround as they smiled when I returned with absolutely no bagge supposedly coming from the States via Brussels and on to London.....come on Azor think......

They did not even check the entry stamps of any of the airports in my passport....

So my friend if this is the system as stated by BoJo......"a points based system based on need"..is implemented...WELL that was exactly what I was with my visa.....you are being fooled that it is a great system and it will work ........

It did not in 1997 and it will not in 2016....ask my friend also just how UK passport holders are treated with the WRONG last name....then ask yourself...no racism in the UK...come on think....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 06-30-2016 at 06:42 AM.