Thread: Is Europe Waking Up?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Nor should the West too readily accept at face value demands to accept Islamic dress codes, protocols over food
    So should we also not accept a Catholic priest's robe or a Jews yarmuckle(sp) or their eating of Kosher foods?
    Are Muslims really demanding these things, or is it the West demanding they stop?

The invocations of the Koran and Allah to justify suicide and death may sound like throwbacks; in fact they are utterly contemporary
    There's a recent (unfortunately locked) discussion on this board about what the Qur'an really says about that.
    And what about the invocations of Surah 60:8? Why is this verse ignored by the Western armchair warmongers?
    Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
    I think much of the problem with the West is misunderstanding Islam. Hey, I sort of get angry too when unbelievers take the Bible out of context and use certain verses to say Christians are violent.

JMHO, I've been very careful to try to not take Qur'anic verses out of context to fit my beliefs of Islam. Glen Beck, Quinn & Rose and many others are doing that, and they are wrong. They'll take ONE verse and use that as their "evidence" that Islam is evil and out to destroy us. (when in all reality all they're doing is inciting hatred and racsism towards Muslims) I highly suspect Al Qaeda and theTaliban are doing exacly the same thing to justify their actions.
    Last edited by skiguy; 06-22-2007 at 09:25 AM.