Ralph's position is that he doesn't need speaking or writing fees to make a living, so he feels he can say exactly what he thinks. If people don't like it, they shouldn't read or listen. He truly is free. And I'm pretty sure he has no inclination to be a policymaker and implement his ideas. I think there is an important place for people who don't want to exercise power but simply to challenge and provoke those who do.
Steve where Peters goes wrong for me is in his polemical calls to hate and kill on a scale that would make Attila smile. He is free to voice his opinion and he is free of the consequences; that makes him at best irresponsible and more probably uncaring. It does not, however, render him free of guilt in stoking hate. I have seen first hand what happens when the type of murderous forces Peters often advocates are unleashed. In that regard, Peters is very much like a Western version of a fundamentalist fanatic; he is articulate. He polarizes and paralyzes rational thought. And above all, he offers his position as the only true choice, a page right out of Eric Hoffer.

Best

Tom