Thread: Germany (catch all, incl. terrorism)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    I never said that the Sunni Arabs have turned the conflict sectarian; that was Assad’s doing. Nevertheless, they have committed their own acts of sectarian violence, albeit nowhere near the level of Assad.

I would imagine that Syrian Sunni Arabs would treat Syrian Kurds, Syrian Alawis, Syrian Christians and Syrian Druze, far better than foreign Shia militias would treat them.

That might win the FSA a few battles, but would lose them the war to be sure. They want to be included in the settlement process and continue to receive TOWs.

I am well aware of the sectarian cleansing at work in Syria, however, I would put the onus on Damascus and Teheran, with Moscow being a collaborator rather than instigator. Arguably, Merkel’s bid for sainthood has been conducive to this cleansing as Syrian Sunni Arabs are welcomed into Europe and taken off of Assad’s hands.

No, Hitler would not be “envious”. Stalin would be disappointed and complain at the slow and chaotic pace of the cleansing process. I did not bring these mass murderers up to compare them to Assad, because he is more akin to Karadzic and Tudjman, but to reiterate that this is a very old way to deal with restive populations.
    For those that believe the story about Merkel's sainthood really do need to fully and completely understand Germany since WW2.....

Germany fully and completely understands refugees when a major portion of them were uprooted in Poland...and the Czech Republic...Crimea....Ukraine and physically tossed out at the end of the war with many dying along the way...and then having to resettle all of them into both the GDR and BRD....

The second refugee wave came with the Wall coming down from GDR.....and that resettlement phase is just now ending with more coming back East than going West...25 years after the Wall came down....

So when a country has "empathy" for refugees then Trump and many others declare them "crazy"....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-18-2017 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Moved from the Syria thread as it fits here better