Thread: Syria in 2017 (January-April)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Why do I say build timelines.....

If you take Russian/Assad air strikes over the last say two weeks..you would actually be amazed to see that on average every 12 hours there is either a Russian and or Assad air strike on a hospital and or IDP camp...

And what is the western response to this as actually bombing hospitals is both a war crime and an IHL violation....

AND out of the Trump WH.....silence...nothing...nada..nichts.....

Actually the Trump response is far worse than Obama's because he has you looking at his bluff's on NK...NAFTA....grand
    "tax cuts"... and "fake news"...at least on occasions the Obama WH would respond and they definitely did not have you looking at NAFTA...or "fake news"...

Example:

1. A Trump "lost" US aircraft carrier strike force finally makes it towards Korea
    2. U.S. test fires ICBM in message to North Korea
    3. Trump calls the entire 100 person Senate to WH for a NK briefing that could have been held in the Senate....

Served to do exactly what "impress NK" which it did not BUT WAIT...he definitely was trying to "bluff and impress his voters on this 100 days of great achievements"....

So on all of this "100 day thingy"...he could have said something anything on Russian incendiary cluster munitions dropping on civilians..BUT he did not...OR that Russia should stop bombing hospitals...at least the Obama WH would say that...

SO exactly what is the Trump FP at almost 100 days?....Remember SWJ does have a thread on this that virtually no one posted anything on....

BTW...I am not the only one seeing this connection between hype/bluff and his "100 day thingy"...

Max Boot

@MaxBoot
    From tax-cut press release to N Korea briefing for Senate, admin is desperate to create events this week to distract from 100-day failures.

But here is actually Trump's core problem....if one decides as an adult to ride a child's rocking horse...one gets a lot of "motion" going back and forth, but no "actual forward movement"...and right now Trump is all about "motion" using "motion" to mask failure at doing anything he has stated he was going to do.....

And his voters are lapping it up as "success".....so I guess in the end "motion" can be a FP if one is hard pressed for a FP...

WOW....'Dog and Pony" show I have not heard that since countless briefings in Baghdad on why the AQI was collapsing in Iraq in 2006....

Sen. Duckworth tells @CNN that the NK briefing felt like "a dog-and-pony show...I didn't learn anything I couldn't have read in a newspaper"
    And she is a wounded Iraqi war vet....

BUT WAIT...maybe this was because Trump tweets that basically ALL US MSM produces is "fake news" so maybe his briefings are not "fake news"...

What a total farce of a current WH FP on anything including Syria...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-27-2017 at 07:35 AM.