Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09
Azor...heads up...now tell me what the Trump FP response will be on this....and then check the actual locations of the four safe zones....you will notice something...but will allow you to "see" the connection to this statement...Russia: Syria safe zones to be shut for U.S., coalition planes - agencies...Russia says U.S. coalition forbidden from operating in planned Syria safe zones...
And? Russia is in no position to impose no-fly zones on the Coalition.

I have not been able to find a map of the proposed NFZs but regardless, I would welcome it.

Basically, it would be a reversal of the scenario I suggested to CrowBat earlier, with Russia now being forced to fire first upon Coalition aircraft or back down. Russia will also have to explain how imposing a NFZ on the Coalition furthers the supposedly common goal of defeating Daesh. From a public relations standpoint, this places the onus on Russia to make a claim and then defend it.

Turkey supposedly agrees with the Russian "safe zone" concept in principle, but that is meaningless in practice as Turkey is not about to shoot down U.S. aircraft operating in Syria. While Turkey is enraged at the U.S. lionizing of the YPG, Russia has provided CAS for the YPG as well. If the PKK-PYD links, allegations of YPG ethnic and sectarian cleansing and the Turkish-Kurdish conflict are being discussed so openly, rest assured that behind closed doors there are efforts to deal with the problem...