Thread: The New Militias

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default To davidfbpo and OUTLAW 09 RE: Soufan

I read the May 30 "Intelbrief". I wholeheartedly agree that law enforcement should not be focusing on Muslim supremacist terrorism at the expense of White supremacist terrorists, violent anti-abortion extremists, and anti-government types such as the "sovereigntists" or "freemen".

However, Soufan's assertion that these other ideologies are more of a threat, even when combined as "right-wing" (i.e. committed by non-Hispanic white Americans), is utterly incorrect. How do I arrive at that conclusion?

• Since 9/11, 19 people have been killed in anti-Muslim attacks, including the recent one in Portland. A further 35 have been killed in anti-Semitic, anti-government, anti-abortion and racist attacks, for a total of 54.
    • In comparison, 111 people have been killed in Muslim supremacist attacks during that same time period.
    • Muslims comprise some 1% of the U.S. population
    • Non-Hispanic Whites comprise some 62% of the U.S. population

Nor is this trend limited to the United States. In Western Europe, some 582 people have been killed by Muslim supremacists from 9/11 to present, whereas 8 Muslims have been murdered in anti-Muslim violence. Yet again, Muslims comprise only 4% of the Western European population...

So tell me, which community has the biggest problems with supremacism and supremacist violence?
    Last edited by Azor; 05-30-2017 at 05:49 PM.