Grad school -- great idea, BUT the Army sees grad school as an investment. When I went, the AERB payback was 3 years additional service commitment for every 1 year of school, one year of commitment being served during each school year. So, yeah, it's easy to end up with a commitment through the 13th year of service. I don't see the Army changing that process, that's what the GI Bill is for.
Most officers are not eligible for the GI Bill. It is my understanding that all officers commissioned through USMA are not eligible and officers that received a ROTC scholarship are not eligible. It is also my understanding that those are the two major sources of new 2LTs every year. While there are a number of officers who commission through ROTC without receiving a scholarship and those who are "college-option" OCS graduates, the majority of the officers in the active Army either graduated from USMA or received an ROTC scholarship.

MiTTs -- Give them all the incentives we can find. They are the wave of the present AND the future. We need the best and the brightest, and need ways to ensure that we get them.
Got an email from buddy getting ready to start his MiTT tour in Iraq. He reported that in the last couple months there have been more volunteers for MiTTs because of one major "incentive": MiTTs are still only a 12 month tour as opposed to 15.

Concerning the CSRB: The Engineer NBQ CPT page reports it will be released sometime in July. Excuse me, branch qualification does not exist in my branch anymore, the new terms are "Junior Captains" and "Senior Captains."

Me personally, as a junior Captain with an ETS of next May, I am undecided. However, the Navy makes an attractive pitch.