Thread: Attacking the al Qaeda "Narrative"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member Dominique R. Poirier's Avatar

Marc,
    thank you very much for your renewed interest and contribution. I sincerely appreciate it.

I think that there is a good deal of creativity and talent in both songs whose style inescapably remind us of certain old American musical movies and English Music Hall style of good quality.

It might be a good start!

Though I have personal good reasons to enjoy the second song, Turned and Ran, I was just wondering whether it is timely to attack the French on that ground. For, here in France appearances suggest that the new French president Nicolas Sarkozy is favorable to a taw in the diplomatic relations and exchanges with the United States.
    Coincidence makes that he is vacationing in the New Hamphsire at this time and all those who are interested in diplomacy can learn more about that at the following link:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/03/wo...3vacation.html

Once more I put aside my personal opinions for a while to say, as a matter of fact, that as long as we are unable (if ever, of course) to correctly evaluate the sincerity of Nicolas Sarkozy then it would be suitable to encourage such a surprising and unexpected expression of good will.
    However, I have some reasons for to think that Sarkozy’s move might not gather general satisfaction within the ranks of the French military and spooks.

If ever he is sincere he must feel very alone, sometimes…

Back to the matter at hand, I can confess that I had some ideas in mind when I worked on that idea. I thought for a while about Homer Simpson as terrorist hunter. But the most attractive I found was something such as a team of two: "Overladen Bin" playing the sinister boss with his inseparable dumb lieutenant Richard Reid, aka the "Shoe Bomber," who unwillingly and lamentably always sabotages all missions and plots, owing to the repeated blunders he does.
    Pretty sure there are talented scenarists and gagmen who should be able to make something burlesque with that.
    Well, that’s what my 15 years of professional experience in communication and advertising suggest to me.
    Last edited by Dominique R. Poirier; 08-04-2007 at 06:54 PM.