Well, let's say for argument's sake that U.S. " flips" policy on Israel in order to pursue its national interests. For a change of such a magnitude - I assume you would agree that it would be significant - what concrete benefits can the Arab governments then deliver in return beyond what we are already receiving now ?

There's not really anything that I factually disagree with I disagree with in your response. Our aid to Israel is a leash on the extremity of Israeli behavior so when ( for example) the IDF was shelling Beirut, Ronald Reagan could pick up the phone and tell Menachim Begin to knock it off and the hard-boiled Israeli P.M. felt compelled to listen. Much like our aid to Egypt is a bribe to stay at peace with Israel and keep the largest Arab state in friendly hands.

That the US could secure grudging Israeli cooperation during Gulf War I. was possible primarily because of the longstanding relationship the two countries have maintained. It is not accidental that Israel was not involved ( except peripherally) in the last three major wars in the Mideast, that was U.S. policy to damp down the Arab-Israeli conflict.

As a matter of capabilities, what may be unused today may be wanted tomorrow. And given a choice, whose military would you want as a client, Israel or Syria's ? Or Israel and any 5 Arab states ?