Thread: State & Local Intel in the GWOT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Nightstalker, that is so true about LE. I was told way back when if you are the Case Agent your job is to get information not give it. I have had friends pull the silent treatment on me when they became the Case Agent but yet they wanted info from me to solve "their" case.
    Yeah well you know that's nothing when you start doing case hour reporting. Relatively "simple" things like reporting the number of hours spent supporting which cases can easily be used to justify an increase in funds going to a department or section. The rule then is to watch your back.

But aye. Fusion Centers (just a fancy name for Ops Center, which is itself another fancy name for TOC/BICC, etc etc.....ad nauseum) will have to find a way to get past this at the state and regional level as much s the federal. Whether it's the Department of Homeland Security vs the Department of Justice or Metro Nashville PD vs the Nashville Sheriffs Department vs the Nashville Fire Department. You're asking organizations and agencies to go against institutional inertia on the one hand and to act against "perceived" self interest on the other.

Yes, the fact that the long term self interest (of the organization much less the society) may be entirely irrelevant to this thought process and poses a real danger as real as any terrorist cell is as maddening as it is perplexing but there it is.
    Last edited by ntstlkr; 08-10-2007 at 08:39 PM.
    "Heart grow stronger, Will more firm, Mind more calm, as Our strength lessons.."
    Battle of Malden 991 AD