Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Tony,

Let’s not confuse the ‘National Grid’ for a Local Power Station, Sub Station or Distribution Grid.
Ok Stan,
Obviously you have an extensive knowledge of electricity, an forgive my lack of expertise, but would not the national grid be comprised of these local power stations and sub stations that you referred to?

For your reference:
http://www.energymanagertraining.com...ower_Grids.htm

Whether it is a transmission substation, power plant, or high voltage transmission line they are interconnected. If they are not interconnected than I believe that it reinforces my point that we should get involved.

Although we can attribute some of the power problems to insurgent sabotage, there’s more to it than that. High electrical demands, fuel shortages and worse yet, local power stations attached to the National Grid ‘pulling the plug’. The local stations are trying to keep their respective towns with power, but the National Grid is demanding (if you will) more. The System was designed to work together, not dump half and hope for the best.
Ok how does that argue against us not getting involved?

Those people have been doing this since before you were born, and they’ll continue to. Their National Grid was on the brink of collapse without insurgency. This is not rumor, rather fact.
I feel this deals with perception, if I had more electricty under a previous regieme and less now. What is wrong now.

I’ve read far too many posts herein discussing the already stretched Army. Are we suggesting the Corps of Engineers come in and run the National Grid and run around restoring power from the local power stations, so the grid will remain stable ?
Yes absolutly, let them watch T.V. sit in air conditionaing and "chill" (pardon the pun) out.

Tony, it may be, but it isn’t happening. Hence my concern over mega death and a full blown refugee crisis in the making.
I think we could agree the refugee crisis is made, especially if we asked Iran, Jordan, or Syria. Perhaps restoring basic services could be a way to entice people back home.

Correct, 1,000 Percent. There’s no ingenuity...it’s basic electrical theory, low voltage and high tension, been around since Christ was a Corporal.
Never knew Jesus Christ to be a Corporal.

Best to you as well,
Tony