Tony,

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hoh View Post
What in my first post says shut down the national grid? I said we need to turn the generators off. We (a.k.a Army) primarily run off of generator power. My point is when we get off of generator power, get involved with the local populace and fix the nation power grid (however you/we/I choose to define its contents)
I kind of see your point now, but placing a burden or hardship on 'we the Army' may not directly lead to more involvement in repairing the National Grid.
I see our force's morale levels as low, and would not want to strain that situation more than it already is.

Perhaps better to use those generators to replicate missing local power stations (which can be attached anywhere along the grid). But then, you'll need several more generators and also need to stand watch over them. If the situation wasn't already bad enough, the hydroelectric dam is not exactly in good shape and restoring the local stations to the grid may be a wee bit late.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hoh View Post
Stan,
I honestly believe that will never happen until we get off of generator power and "hook up" to the national grid. Its too easy to look at the power issue as an Iraqi problem. When we make it our problem it would get solved faster. I agree the Army and probably the Corp of Engineers specfically is overtasked. Lets think about that, our Bazillon dollar embassay,MWR swimming pools, McDonalds, and Baskin Robins 31 flavors could be out in the back drop for a bit. To solve this issue.

Dont you think?
I find it more a question of priority and tasking. You'd be right, once the CO no longer has A/C at the end of his duty day, he/she will make electricity a priority

The Embassy is a sore point for me and for many that have had to serve 'under' State and listen to the constant whining, with or without electricity.

As for McD's and Baskin Robins, I would have to wonder if their removal now (should have never been there in the first place) would only add to the stressful and long tours our folks are enduring.

Callin' it an evening.
Regards, Stan