Hey Rob, reading from your post maybe I could be one SWC superstar!

My curriculum:

I'm from Italy

Engineer graduated at Milan University in 1992

Military experience: Army second lieutenant in Italian Army (artillery). At that time In Italy there was compulsory military service and I volunteered to serve as an official. That made my service duration longer. Not involved in any real operation (the only one active abroad at that time was Somalia) but I have taken part at my regiment's training for partecipation in the Army intervention in Sicily against Mafia's territorial control.

Working position: small entrepreneur in heavy machinery maintenance (we work on cranes and aerial platforms)

Part-time : I write, when I can find spare time, for an italian webzine http://www.paginedidifesa.it about coin and irregular warfare. This is the principal reason why I visit regularly this incredible site.

Three different characters in one person...Maybe too much

But as you can see my post count is running low..

The reasons: First of all the very high level of dicussions. I'm here to learn. This community has so much experience embedded that I've nothing to add.
Maybe it's difficult for you to imagine how this wall seems high.
The second reason is my poor ability (my fault!) to write in english. I read perfectly this language but to write at the level requested by this forum is difficult.

In this very moment I'm realizing that I never introduced myself in the dedicated thread ...I'm flying at the Tell Us About You topic in a second!

Thanks to you all for your information and experience sharing. It's invaluable.

And now back to lurking.

Graycap