Thread: Training the Soldier for COIN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    Parochialism is more damaging to us than AQ et.al. ever will be...
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    There is no substitute for UXO and/or IED/IEDD training. One cannot and does not train EOD from Powerpoint. It's hands on or death.

The courses from LE, Army, Marines and Navy are one in the same. 'bout time we realized that at the end of each day, we are still on the same team - Officers or NCOs, Army or Marines.

This is not a joke.
    Those whose experience or knowledge base is only powerpoint deep scare me. I usually get out of their SDZ as fast as possible. It's like demo. There's the classroom calculations then there's the emplacement. If you don't know how to emplace the boom boom on the bridge, I don't care how good you are at the Sheffield Method.

Your last part is something I live every day. I teach at "The" Armor School. I have USMC, US Army, and other nation students in my classes. It isn't the US Army Armor school, it's The Armor School. My Devilpups do the same things the Army guys do. It's one team, one endstate - to win.
    Example is better than precept.

Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
    Spot on.

Those whose experience or knowledge base is only powerpoint deep scare me. I usually get out of their SDZ as fast as possible. It's like demo. There's the classroom calculations then there's the emplacement. If you don't know how to emplace the boom boom on the bridge, I don't care how good you are at the Sheffield Method.

Your last part is something I live every day. I teach at "The" Armor School. I have USMC, US Army, and other nation students in my classes. It isn't the US Army Armor school, it's The Armor School. My Devilpups do the same things the Army guys do. It's one team, one endstate - to win.
    Hey RTK,

Go Army !
    Sorry about that

I'm often disgusted at hearing inexperienced people I know telling me they're (as an indivdual) ready, only to drop them from the courses we teach.

"none of us is as good as all of us."