Thanks to all. I have a copy of both Van Crevalads work on the way that I've be eagerly waiting for.

I have been looking at globalization and subjects newer than the classics such as Robb's new book. I need to be able to tie traditional nation states to new politcal paradigms. The methods of conflict are part of the shifting political landscape. From the stand point of homeland security the original concept of homeland security was anti-terrorism (stateless actors), and now there more of an all hazards aproach to how it works. There is some work on the topic, but from what I've read so far not much.

From my notes.

How does the nation state respond and what happens when the adversary is just as capable as the state?

The traditional state has certain expectations found in doctrine and law in how it acts on agression, but what happens when those expectations aren't well founded?

Robb, talks about superior adversaries that can spend little and create massive economic loss. How does that financial asymetry effect homeland security?

Lind, Hammes and others talk about generational warfare but is it possible those same types of generational aspects are found in civil and homeland defense?

Have we instantiated through conflicting requirements inapropriate responses or inefectual responses as a nations state towards homeland security?

There ... now you have all one page of my notes.... I won't show you the doodles of me shooting arrows at myself.