Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
After having read this again I completely agree with this point, have my own questions and want to know what he meant by this...

It takes a considerable amount of time and training to instill an active observer (reconnaissance) mindset into the warrior and sniping is without question a highly advanced application and more evolved form of that basic mindset. I wonder if he said "sniper" and intended more along the lines of a universal DM program? As you said being a good shot does not make a sniper and we know that if we sent all of our light infantrymen to sniper schools one of two things would have to happen, we would either have to lower the standards so everyone could pass or we would have to accept the fact that a large percentage of them would be coming right back to their units.
Concur. I would add that there is a significant difference between using a Soldier as a surveillance sensor from utilizing a Soldier as a reconnaissance platform. The first is passive and easy. The second requires a lot of training.