All the intelligence agencies have lawyers. Weren't most of the WWII OSS folks Yale law grads? Counterintell (CIFA) has many lawyers also. What about the FBI?

Its a pretty tired cliche, but "lawyers, guns, and money" are still central to Small Wars.

On the other hand, the same gifts that set you up for success as a lawyer should set you up for success in intelligence analysis. I met an Army Reserve Major, Military Intelligence Branch, in Washington State whose day job was attorney. You wouldn't get the same benefits as going JAG, but that's not all bad. I've met a lot of folks who deliberately don't do the same thing in the reserves that they do for a day job (an RN who commanded a National Guard Infantry Company is the best example, but M.D.s with enlisted rank, executives commanding tanks as NCOs, a PBS employee flying helicopters, etc.)

I'm Army Reserve, so I am biased, but there are a lot of options, and many are open to civilians. What Army Reserve, especially intel could give you is military experience, and with the right specialty, a security clearance, both of which look good to many employers.

Best of luck to you, and if I can help more, feel free to contact me off line.