Thread: Finding American backs to stab

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I Was Once a "Button Buck"

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    Of course as a counter insurgency expert you do realize that the single place that you can be found is in your office and that is the likely vector of any attack. At least that's where they shoot PhD's around here. I hear they have OTC tags on em' too. I keep worrying about the tree stands in the parking lot, but I'm still a button buck not worth shooting yet.

Tom Odom at least might get a laugh.
    Button bucks taste great

As I signed into Fort Huachuca ages ago, a troop went haywire, took a weapon, and shot his CO and 1SG in their offices. I was unaware that the shooter had barricaded himself in and was shooting at folks outside. The kill zome included the troop medical clinic and I found that the front door was locked at 1000 hours. No one would open so I went around back where a SSG let me in with "once your in, Sir, your in." I asked what was going on and he told me. The staff had been watching me--the young butter bar--walk around in the kill zone to see if I got tagged.

The MP react team took the shooter out later that morning. The 1SG made it. The CO did not.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Odom; 11-27-2007 at 01:18 PM.