Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk View Post
Ender, I found myself similarly confused by Owen's statement about training all the PBID Infantry as snipers. As for myself, I came down on the side of Owen intending that the PBID Infantry were actually to be snipers, not merely sharpshooters.
Obviously I need to address this. It has already cause huge problems when the article was published in the British Army’s Doctrine and Training News.

1. All I am suggesting is that Infantry need to have a high standard of measurable skill. – and the determination to get it.
2. These skills should be field craft, shooting, navigation, observation and communication. These are all core sniper skills. They are also core infantry skills, which need to be developed.
3. Thus “sniper training,” would have a great deal of use to basic infantry training. This is not to say that the same standards that qualify snipers would be applied to basic training. EG- Recruits would only be required to stalk and locate a target unseen, and would not be required to release shots and get out of the position undiscovered, as snipers have to.