Thread: Iran, Nukes, Diplomacy and other options (catch all thread 2007-2010)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    The Iran: Open Thread Until H-Hour thread has become so long and rambling, I am going to use the excuse of release and debate over the new NIE to close that thread and open a new one, using the NIE as the start point for new discussion on the potential Iranian nuclear threat:

DNI, 3 Dec 07: Iran: Nuclear Prospects and Capabilities

Since its release, there has been a tremendous amount of analysis and debate over its content.
    Rasmussen conducted "National Survey of 800 Likely Voters" on 5/6 December 2007. Here is the report on the results of that poll (emphasis added) which reflects the mindset of the American citizen with a high degree of confidence (95%).

Toplines - Iran Nuclear Program - December 5-6, 2007
    National Survey of 800 Likely Voters

1* How closely have you followed recent news stories about Iran’s nuclear program?

43% Very closely

40% Somewhat closely

2* A U.S intelligence report found that Iran stopped their nuclear weapons program in 2003. Do you believe that Iran has stopped their nuclear weapons program?

66% No

3* Is Iran still a threat to the national security of the United States?

67% Yes

4* Should the United States continue to impose economic sanctions on Iran?

59% Yes

5* How likely is it that Iran will develop a nuclear weapon in the future?

47% Very likely

34% Somewhat likely
    Sounds to me like the most recent NIE accomplished zip with respect to the voting American public (i.e.: was a big time failure).
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 12-18-2007 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Edited for content. Do not cut-and-paste items in their entirety.