Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
In this debate on air forces, we are really talking roles and missions. I believe we are at least 10 years past the due date for another Key West conference. We should have held that conference before we (generic) started crowing about transformation. I attribute the failure to hold such a conference as very much tied to the creation of JFCOM and its own evolution in roles and missions. I still hope that we will hold a come to Jesus meeting on roles and missions because our shortfalls in aging and worn out equipment are increasingly affecting our capabilities to perform them.

Long winded ramble, hopefully of some value

Best

Tom

Somebody say Amen!!! I am more convinced than ever that a lot of people in the Air Force have know idea what the Army does. At the same time I am more convinced than ever that there are a lot of Air Force Officers who would like to learn and have a lot to contribute.....if the Air Force and Army could ever get together and talk to each other...hence Tom's idea of the Key West 2 conference. The nation as a whole would be the winner. And also give the Army back it's Missiles!!!