Hey Wilf !

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post

So how would an operation to secure a refugee camp be "Intel Driven?" The orders paragraph "situation hostile/enemy forces" tells me the threat, so I plan on that basis. I am being given the mission as a result of an intelligence estimate that resources need to be allocated to protecting these folks.

If someone tells me to conduct operations to gain intelligence then that's as old as the hills.
Sounds a little off the beaten path with those orders. How ‘bout no general orders (read no idea whatsoever), but an initial assessment that you perform yourself (we could call that intel). Planning on a refugee crisis is anything but easy, and the situation changes with such frequency, that ‘driven by whatever’ will never work; each and every single day is a new one.

Tom can certainly tell you in grave detail, that there was no intelligence estimate for our refugee crisis, because we were sent there to perform said, conclude our assessment, drive the proverbial support train, and support those coming.

Yes, it was indeed Intel Driven.

Regards, Stan