Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
and I have no doubt there are a number of routine posters here who agree with you as well as a possibly similar number who do not. While your intentions were pure, the thread warped off, fairly predictably, into the political rather than on the 5GW effect.

There are other places on the internet for the firmly ideological or political discussion. Your decision to avoid such efforts in the future is wise and appreciated. It isn't possible to discuss warfare without some political elements intruding, no question -- but it is possible to do that without taking an overt political position and generating a lot of froth and little of practical substance pertinent to this Forum which concentrates on the practical aspects of warfighting.

Thanks to all -- and thanks, MattC.
You weren't telling anyone to "drop it" while they were having fun at my expense. Why the change? I even suggested that we erase the thread when it was 10 posts old. I was very willing to "drop it" but everyone was having too much fun. So all I did by posting this interview was attempt to show the gallery that left-wing subversion of the West was a very real thing. And by doing so, possibly even getting the folks at this thread to think about my original inference. So yes, I'll "drop it" and keep to apolitical subjects only.