Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubalicious View Post
It's funny that the topic is foreign affairs, but the discussion is more narrowly about US military and fighting terrorism. Frankly, I think this is part of the problem. We've missed the fact that current foreign policy has isolated the US and exacerbated tensions between the US and foreign countries.
I disagree with some of what you said, but this is absolutely spot on. Giuliani and Romney just basically wrote, "terrorism, terrorism, terrorism, 9/11, islamo-facist, terrorism, terrorism, war in iraq." Giuliani, for instance, wrote "there are, however, other important challenges, like the rise of China."

Two sentences later, he was back on terrorism. It's like their version of "Arabic" in Team America; dirka dirka dirka muhammad jihad.

The one I liked most so far was McCain - mainly because he seems to do the least pandering anyway. Obama's was good (so was Clinton's, frankly - my problems with her have less to do with her ideas and more to do with her being a canniving political hack with no real practical experience) as well, but McCain's showed a strong understanding of the military issue as it fits in with our foreign policy as a whole.

When a Republican is the one who writes, "to be a great leader, America must first be a great ally," you know you've found someone who gets it. He has some serious shortcomings in how he views Iraq/Afghanistan/Pakistan, but overall I really enjoyed his article. Check it out.

Shows you how little I care about anything domestic - the two guys I'd vote for are McCain and Obama.

Matt