Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
To disparage any irregular force because of their inability to "hold ground" against a professional army is to completely miss the point.

Hezballah was able to inflict casualties on the IDF, take out some armor, and continue to launch rockets into Israel until the very end of the conflict. And since Israel withdrew once again - without achieveing its objectives, in the end, that's all that matters.
[/URL] thread.
I am not disparaging Hezbollah for an inability to hold ground. I am correcting the perception that they successfully defended any villages - and when they did try, they were unable to do it, according to the men I have talked to. There may have been certain areas where they did conduct a successful defence, but I have yet to see that reported by sources I trust.

I am not in any way trying to suggest that the IDF won. The War was a mind numbing fiasco, because of the stupid EBO plan. - and war was only 30 days long!

..how ever the idea that the IDF somehow lacked tactical or operational skill, and was out fought by Hezbollah is also a gross distortion. I do understand that it aids some folks agendas to suggest that.